Saturday, January 03, 2015
Crib in an Outer Delhi Church found burnt
A crib kept inside the premises of a church in Outer Delhi caught fire on Saturday morning. After conducting preliminary inquiry, the local police are calling it a case of fire caused due to short-circuit and have ruled out foul play.
The incident took place around 8 a.m in Outer Delhi's Rohini on Saturday. The church officials gave a call to the police on finding out that the crib was burnt. The police team that reached the spot took up investigation.
"Prime facie, it appears that the crib caught fire due to a short-circuit as a decorative wire was around it. There is remote possibility of anyone setting the crib on fire because if that was the case, more things would have been set on fire. The church wall is just 4 feet tall and a person can easily jump in if he wants" said a senior police officer.
However we are investigating the case from all possible angles, the officer added.
Meanwhile, Church officials could not be reached for a comment.
Click here for source